tirsdag den 10. april 2012

Gaming for a discount

If you have been reading some of my other blog post, you have probably realised that I am becoming more and more interested in gamification - i.e. how games and gaming can be used to make work both more fun and productive.

So this morning while browsing my emails I noticed an Email form Sitepoint that offered a discount if I completed a simple little game. Normally email with offers goes almost straight into the trash can, but because of the little game, I was intrigued.

The game was a simple game of searching their websites for 3 clues. I completed the game and even though I did not take the offer, they got me to browse their website. I think this is a fantastic way of showing how adding even a little gaming contect can spur the curiosity of a reader and get him to look at your website. This is gamification in it simplest form – I wish there where more like this.

PS – I am not in any way affiliated with SitePoint – I just bought some stuff from them and now receive their newsletter.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar